Monday, May 19, 2008

Desperate Housewives: Season Finale (or Susan's Still a Freak)

Desperate Housewives
I don't know how Desperate Housewives does it. I don't know how they consistently put the most hateful hateable characters on screen but somehow...

Now that Susan's become mildly tolerable, enter Tom's creepy love child Kayla. I know she's just acting out, blah, blah, blah and generally I think Lynette is kind of a crappy mother but man... is it wrong to want to punch a 12-year old?

Also, what is up with this NRA "commercial" featuring Bree and Catherine? Good lord.

Okay, the episode is still going... I'll add more in a bit. Oooh look, Nathan Fillion!

Oops... Susan just veered back into lameland again. I don't know how I thought she'd gotten out of it. Then again, I wouldn't want my kid named Maynard, either. Reason # 1,237,038 not to have kids.

Hey! In your face, Kayla. You got busted, dearie. I almost feel sorry for her. Not really. Not even when her grandparents drive her away and she's screaming for her father out the back window. You reap what you sow, fictional little brat!

Oh my freaking (and as we all know I don't mean freaking) Gawd, Susan is a total nutjob!! Between not letting Julie go off to her Princeton Summer session and the whole renaming the baby behind Mike's back thing, I feel foolish that I believed for a second she'd been somewhat reformed. How does someone this self-centered make it through life?

Okay, so Justine Bateman's been playing Gabi & Carlos' drug dealing roommate and the cops came to bust her and Gabi helped her get away. Justine calls and says please bring me my teddy bear that my father gave me when I was five. Given what Justine looks like these days, this bear must be about 50 years old (sorry, Justine. Mallory feels like an eon ago) yet somehow looks brand new. And why is this bear even still around their house? Wouldn't the police have confiscated all her stuff? Oh look, it's full of a hundred thousand dollars!

Gary Cole is beating the crap out of Nathan Fillion. This feels wrong. Tom says he wants to be untouchable.

Susan's daughter just told her she's grown so much in the last five years. Eesh. I'd hate to see what she was like before.

The gay couple are not getting along. I'm not quite sure why they're still on the show. Not because they're gay, but because they seem so incidental.

Aww, the women of Wisteria Lane came together in the end to help one of their (now) own.

Five years later?! Wha?? Is this the last show ever? Why is Susan kissing some 20-year old?!

At least Gary Cole is dead. He's such a jerk. I mean his character. I'm sure he's delightful! And alive!

Til next season, right?
Ms. P

No comments:

Post a Comment