Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lebron James’ mother needs to stay seated


lebron james mother
In the second quarter of last night’s Cavaliers 88-77 victory over the Boston Celtics, Paul Pierce wrapped his arms around Lebron James to stop the Cavs’ star from getting an easy dunk.

Momentum carried the two players into the first couple rows of seats where Lebron’s mother jumped up and got in Paul Pierce’s face and started yelling at him.

Lebron responded by yelling at his mom, not so nicely, to sit down.
“I told her to sit down, in some language I shouldn’t have used,” James said. “Thank God today wasn’t Mother’s Day. All I could think about is her. . . . I know my mother. It’s fine, we’re good.”

Now some people are commenting about how Lebron was disrespectful to his mother. I will agree that yelling at your mom is generally not a good idea. But Lebron is a grown man who was at work trying to do his job and win a much needed Game 4. If your mother came to your job and started yelling at people you’d probably be embarrassed and want to get her out of there as quickly as possible.

I don’t blame Lebron for what he did. In the middle of a very close, tense game where he was still struggling, the last thing he needed was his mom jumping up and getting in the middle of an incident she had no business being in.

Note to Gloria James: This is the NBA Playoffs and it is going to continue to be very physical. Fortunately your son is a big guy and I’m pretty sure he can handle it on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment